Monday, June 3, 2013

Comic relief

Sometimes when I'm having a difficult day, looking back at old photos will cheer me up. Today was not a bad day but I was searching for a photo when I found some knitting examples. When my friend, Kate, visited in fall 2011, she showed me how to knit hats. The hat that Akoro (below with Kate) is wearing is a good example of a finished product.
 I didn't quite get the instructions right for my first hat and this is how it tuned out...
Fortunately, the hat still protected her scalp from the sun. I can't help but giggle at my early attempts at knitting and look forward to when I can knit again.

2 comments:

Theresa M. Camil said...

You will get better at knitting if you do it often enough. I think the small cap came out really cute.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I remember that little hat! I also seem to remember some skirts I made that came out looking pretty funny, too. If I find a picture, I'll send it to you for a laugh! :)
-Kate